dtk
Welcome!

Please log in or register, as you will not be able to post until you have an active user account.

If you wish to use the shoutbox, please PM Admin to be allocated a password.

Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

dtk
Welcome!

Please log in or register, as you will not be able to post until you have an active user account.

If you wish to use the shoutbox, please PM Admin to be allocated a password.

Admin
dtk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 11uckr5
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 4jrxqe
Paypal
Latest topics
» ÐTK Catchup!
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:00 pm by Sparky

» Sorry
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 am by Atomis

» HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:34 am by holycow

» Custom mapcycle in our CE server
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:03 am by Atomis

» !![%DTK] - Revisited Gephy & Winder
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 am by Atomis

» New map in our Halo server
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:34 am by Atomis

» Download for !![%DTK] - Revisited Gephy & Winder
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 am by Atomis

» Guild Wars 2
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:07 pm by Ghost

» New Sonata artica coming up
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:57 pm by Atomis

» New Chiodos is Nowwww
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:08 am by Atomis

» This album rock
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 am by holycow

» On the First Day of Christmas
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 11:46 am by Virago

» Parlant Français
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 am by Atomis

» Happy Birthday Pat!
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:08 am by Atomis

» New album from Escape The Fate ^^
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm by Atomis

» Haloooooooooooo :P
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:43 pm by Ghost

» Best Halo screenshot EVER MADE!
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:12 pm by Atomis

» Mods not working
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:31 pm by Ghost

» Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am by holycow

» New IP for our Halo CE server
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 am by Atomis

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2jzig0
Top posters
Atomis (1631)
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapYour Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 I_voting_barYour Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Virago (1447)
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapYour Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 I_voting_barYour Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
bat (1346)
Ghost (960)
Rose (836)
Sparky (808)
holycow (663)
nick (425)
Trial (408)
Igneon (255)

Statistics
We have 200 registered users
The newest registered user is NightFox

Our users have posted a total of 10873 messages in 1085 subjects
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2uzqafr

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time?

+2
Virago
bat
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Bet u were a popular school boy Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Icon_cool

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time?

Post by Cookiemnstr Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:58 am

Here was me senior year of high school.....This was my favorite car of all time. A 1967 Camaro with a 420 hp small block, 4 spd and GM 12bolt rear w/a locker. This was my first real project car and alot of blood, sweat time and money went into building this car. It`s the one classic out of many I`ve owned, but the one that I`ll always miss the most. Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Kopfschuettel

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Vnp7cl

Unfortunatley a vindictive ex wife destroyed all the photo albums of other classic cars and trucks I`ve owned, built and sold so I can`t brag on those Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 90915

Mez already posted my all time favorite muscle car of all time, the AC Cobra. But the one obtianable car I`ve always wanted but has always managed to elude me is the 1967 Chevy Nova SS.....one of thes days,
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2afmtle
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

http://www.myspace.com/82386555

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:35 am

Wow you guys started with serious cars soo young...my first car was a Fiesta 1.1litre (lol I left that one off my list) not quite in your league.

I love the American car classics, i'd love a 60's mustang or corvette, I was lucky my friend had a big block trans am he let me drive like this one:Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 800px-Pontiac_Trans_Am_(Orange_Julep)

Back to top Go down

Post by bat Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:44 am

If we talk of real classics, we maybe should go a bit more back in time:
Hispano Suiza 1928 - isnt that a real beauty? wow!

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Image154z

And hey Cookie: You have been a very goodlooking boy - how came this change to that ugly blue skin?? Wink lol!
bat
bat
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:19 am

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Lol
bat wrote:

And hey Cookie: You have been a very goodlooking boy - how came this change to that ugly blue skin?? Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Icon_wink Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Lol

Alex?? Was?? Was?? Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 7752 Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Lol **sigh** yes sadly that was over 20 years ago, wish it was just the blue fur that has changed, but I don`t think it accounts for the extra 40 pounds!!!

Great car fluff, had one very similar for a short time. Mine was a formula with the smaller 400 cubic inch engnine. Looked very much like this one

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1zlyfq1
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:26 am

Speaking of Eric`s Chevelle, here`s a true story that I`ll never understand. The kids today just don`t appreciate these classic muscle cars.
A few years back I helped a friend find some parts and helped get the body ready for paint on a car very similar to Eric`s high school car. This was a 1972 Malibu, almost a Chevelle. Anyway, he was giving the car to his 18 year old son on his birth day and it turned out beautiful, looked just as good as this one,

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 29fdov4

Came across the man a short time later and asked him if his son was happy with his car. He then informed me the kid kept the car for about a month and talked him into letting him sell it and buy a Honda with large wing on the back and loud muffler!!!
Whats wrong with these kids????
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Virago Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 am

It's not just American Teenagers that don't see the appeal. I don't understand why american muscle cars are considered beautiful. To my eye most classic american cars look large, akward and heavy. As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Virago
Virago
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 am

American Art Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Icon_cool

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1970%20Chevrolet%20Corvette%20Stingray%20Convertible
Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 ZR1CorvetteYour Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1975stingray100504

Back to top Go down

Post by bat Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:12 am

Ha, i allmost cant belive, that you wrote this, Mez ... because i wanted to write: Somehow, those big cars have a design that allmost cant be called a "design" - its more a tin-bent. lololol - but i did not dare Rolling Eyes lololol. But hey, today those cars look realy great in the traffic. Something a bit different. And about corvettes: I love them. Great design! And when they go, the air smells from petrol and smoke. A dream! Smile
bat
bat
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:19 am

Ouch!! Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 965230 I feel wounded Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Lol

But honestly I can see where you guys get that impression from some of the American muscle cars.
Some were very large, but then that was and still is in large part the industry here. And the large car more easily accomadates the large engine. Powerplants that in many cases pumped out well over 400 horse power right off the showroom floor.
The adreneline rush from unleashing this kind of power is the love of these cars. Acceleration so strong that it literally pins you to the seat is what these cars were about.
Yet even though so many of these cars were just boxy family cars modified at the factory to accept large powerplants. Still more of them were purpose built, stunning designs that you couldnt help but stare at. The Corvette?, yes a beautiful car no doubt. But not really a muscle car. Sure Chevrolet installed a few large, high output powerplants into the `Vette over the years. But it was actually a "sports" car, not a muscle car. And to be honest it fell far short of that definition when compared to the true sports cars offered by other countries untill just recently. So I`ll leave its beauty out for now. The big three manufacturers here were still turning out many vehicles with eye catching bodylines during that era

the 1969 Camaro

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Oa22k6
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:20 am

The 1970 Mustang

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 33vm0z6
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:20 am

1969 Dodge Challenger

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2ytqrcy
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:21 am

1970Pontiac GTO

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 9s3qbo
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:23 am

Or how about a 1970 Mercury Cougar

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2i97784
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 am

Ouch Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Icon_albino Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 271442

Reports are coming in of a tragic accident, a fluffy white animal was seeen driviing away from the scene in a 7 litre 550 bhp 69 Chevy.

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Cookie11

Back to top Go down

Post by bat Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:55 am

This is realy interessting, Jim. Thank you! Very Happy We here in little Switzerland look a bit different at those things... but it is realy interessting (no jocke) to hear from other countries and from the way, people see those things.

Btw i also like the mustang ... but above all the new one Very Happy. I put no picture in, because this thread here is for classic cars. ok?

Heheee and i even found out what the: segniour class is! jocolor Very Happy
bat
bat
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:08 pm

LMAO Fluff!!! I got a real kick out of the hit & run cookiemonster Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Lol

Alex, this is for you. I think it fits here well enough to post. During the 50`s and 60`s some very odd concept car were being built and tested. If you ask me some pretty serious mind-bending drugs were used to come up with some of those things. But atleast once one of these cars became an Icon here and is now recognizeable all over the world. Below are photo`s of your very own predecessor`s car from the early TV series. In case you didnt know it started life as a concept car from Lincoln, a division of Ford motor co. Not sure how it made the transistion from concept car to Movie, and then the televsion car but it wasnt much of a change from the original car.

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1zzl1g1

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2pqmfx4

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 4sb80m

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2vxlgfn

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1zgahck
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:54 pm

OMG Jim, i just saw that post about the malibu Shocked , that kid is in a special needs class i take it Question hmmm
Sparky
Sparky
Founder
Founder

http://ikillu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:57 pm

I love the Camero also, i helped my uncle rebuild one (1967 first year Wink when i was about 12, he used to have a bunch of sweet cars and when they were finished we would take them out to a blacktop road and see how fast they were RazzYour Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 0904chp_02_z+1967_chevy_camaro_rs_ss+front_view
This one is as close as i could find to it but it had Crager mags Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:05 pm

lol! Jim, i'm behind on this thread, i just saw your high school picture Very Happy
I bet it had a 327 in it Question
Sparky
Sparky
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:03 pm

No Eric, I wanted a 327 when it was time to search out an engine. That car started life as 6 cylnder. Alas, the limited funds and impatient ways of a teenager settled for a 4 bolt main 350 pulled out of a junkyard Chevy truck and a rebuild kit. Later as funds allowed (by the time of the pic) the Edelbrock Performer package was added, cam, heads, intake & a hard to find, high flow Quadrajet carb pulled off an Ambulance. This combo with the 4:11 ratio rear gear and the 4 spd tranny made for a very fun car to drive. You just didnt want to go far on the interstate Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by bat Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:48 pm

Cookiemnstr wrote:LMAO Fluff!!! I got a real kick out of the hit & run cookiemonster Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Lol

Alex, this is for you. I think it fits here well enough to post. During the 50`s and 60`s some very odd concept car were being built and tested. If you ask me some pretty serious mind-bending drugs were used to come up with some of those things. But atleast once one of these cars became an Icon here and is now recognizeable all over the world. Below are photo`s of your very own predecessor`s car from the early TV series. In case you didnt know it started life as a concept car from Lincoln, a division of Ford motor co. Not sure how it made the transistion from concept car to Movie, and then the televsion car but it wasnt much of a change from the original car.

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1zzl1g1

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2pqmfx4

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 4sb80m

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 2vxlgfn

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 1zgahck

Ey, cookie , what is not good with my very first car? hmm? Of corse it was based on a "normal" car - but hey, it allready had some "extras". I prefered this 2 cabin-design because of Robins halitosis - (this is also the reason, why i work allone again now Wink).
But time passes, my hairy, blue friend! My next batmobile was based on a corvette - and hey i realy miss this one! It was so beautiful, with those little wings behinde (a precursor of the modern spoilers - but instead of the effect of pressing you to the earth, it helped to fly quicker Rolling Eyes ) ; and it allready could protect its self with a sort of armor - my current model is based on a warthog. I like it. It is fast and strong, but has lost its elegance from the earlier models. Best is that if i have a flat tire, i can very quickly mend it Wink

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Batmobilek

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Batmobilesideview

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Batmanbeginsbatmobilel
bat
bat
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:54 am

[quote="bat"]
Cookiemnstr wrote: I prefered this 2 cabin-design because of Robins halitosis - (this is also the reason, why i work allone again now

When I was a very young boy I remember getting to ride in one of these just like this that my unlce had.

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 20hr2io
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiemnstr Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 pm

But hey you Brits, why no mention of these?
What a cool car there were,

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 15fsluf

And my cousin had one of these, his was white with a blue top. Seemed like it was always breaking down, had more electrical gremlins than you could count. But when you could keep it running and get it out the girls would just fall all over it Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 82409

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Urp6v
Cookiemnstr
Cookiemnstr

Back to top Go down

Post by bat Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:40 pm

[quote="Cookiemnstr"]
bat wrote:
Cookiemnstr wrote: I prefered this 2 cabin-design because of Robins halitosis - (this is also the reason, why i work allone again now

When I was a very young boy I remember getting to ride in one of these just like this that my unlce had.

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 20hr2io

Woohooo, the Fiat Spider! I had the paralell-model of Alfa Romeo: The Alfa Spider. A i loved this car - and realy miss it. (I sold it to have enough money for a journey to africa) ... anyway, here is too long winther for a cabriolet, and too much rain! ("The grapes shurely are saure", said the fox, when they were to high for him... Rolling Eyes )

Your Favourite Classic Car Of All Time? - Page 2 Alfaspider2000

Last edited by bat on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
bat
bat
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum