dtk
Welcome!

Please log in or register, as you will not be able to post until you have an active user account.

If you wish to use the shoutbox, please PM Admin to be allocated a password.

Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

dtk
Welcome!

Please log in or register, as you will not be able to post until you have an active user account.

If you wish to use the shoutbox, please PM Admin to be allocated a password.

Admin
dtk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well 11uckr5
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well 4jrxqe
Paypal
Latest topics
» ÐTK Catchup!
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:00 pm by Sparky

» Sorry
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 am by Atomis

» HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:34 am by holycow

» Custom mapcycle in our CE server
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:03 am by Atomis

» !![%DTK] - Revisited Gephy & Winder
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 am by Atomis

» New map in our Halo server
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:34 am by Atomis

» Download for !![%DTK] - Revisited Gephy & Winder
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 am by Atomis

» Guild Wars 2
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:07 pm by Ghost

» New Sonata artica coming up
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:57 pm by Atomis

» New Chiodos is Nowwww
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:08 am by Atomis

» This album rock
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 am by holycow

» On the First Day of Christmas
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 11:46 am by Virago

» Parlant Français
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 am by Atomis

» Happy Birthday Pat!
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:08 am by Atomis

» New album from Escape The Fate ^^
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm by Atomis

» Haloooooooooooo :P
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:43 pm by Ghost

» Best Halo screenshot EVER MADE!
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:12 pm by Atomis

» Mods not working
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:31 pm by Ghost

» Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am by holycow

» New IP for our Halo CE server
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 am by Atomis

Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well 2jzig0
Top posters
Atomis (1631)
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well I_vote_lcapSelling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well I_voting_barSelling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well I_vote_rcap 
Virago (1447)
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well I_vote_lcapSelling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well I_voting_barSelling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well I_vote_rcap 
bat (1346)
Ghost (960)
Rose (836)
Sparky (808)
holycow (663)
nick (425)
Trial (408)
Igneon (255)

Statistics
We have 200 registered users
The newest registered user is NightFox

Our users have posted a total of 10873 messages in 1085 subjects
Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well 2uzqafr

Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well

3 posters

Go down

Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well Empty Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well

Post by Mark Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi Guys,
I am really sorry about not coming on lately. I ahve been tied up with various things, and I'm a little bit miffed as well.
I've recently got a Mac so that I can use apple software which I need for uni next year (btw, I got into Leeds College of Music with an un-conditional) but unfortuantley I don't have a CD drive on the version of the Apple MAc that I have purchased, making it near enough impossible for me to instal Halo onto it.
I may get round at some point creating an iso image, but that will most likley be after exams, and over summer.

Anyway to my topic. I am trying to sell my first single, however I need artwork. I really don't have a clue how to do artwork and I remember how good Mez was at creating artwork when I first joined and was wondering whether I would be able to get some tips at all? The piece of music is based largely on the Piano, but overall it is like an Electronic Dance piece / Jazzy piece.

I have really missed you all, and do keep checking whether anything is going on, but have been really busy for the past few months. I'll have to grab my little brothers computer after my exams and come online with you all. I really do miss playing with you guys.

Thanks for reading my exceptionally long post ... if you managed to stay awake Very Happy

DTK-Mark
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well Empty Re: Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well

Post by Virago Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 am

Hey Mark

The only tip I can give you is to choose a computer program that suits you. There are a couple of freebies out there, but I use paint.net. After that it is spending some time learning how to use it. If the program you use has a forum than you will probably find tutorials and step by step guides there that will really help you along learning new techniques. The bigger brand names i.e photoshop have video tutorials on you tube. Then find some royalty free images and practise.

Remember though just because an image is on the net does not mean that you can use it without permission from the owner.

I think that you should choose images and themes that you like and play around with the images until you have something that fits what the music represents.

Where can we buy or listen to your music?
Virago
Virago
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well Empty Re: Selling my first single - soon to be updated to full album if it goes down well

Post by holycow Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am

Ok, call me a grumpy old git, but I do hear that there are some relatively cheep things called pencil paper and paint that you can do art with too.
( I say this while sitting by three computers all running photoshop. Silly hipocritical me )

Top tip...try to create your first 10 ideas in 10 miniuets. They might not be prity but they probably capture some great design intent / help focus your thoughts.

If you just want to mess about with some photo's there is a cheep ap called tangle FX thats fun to use and gives some prity impressive filter effects on photographs. Simple / fun but impressive.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/tangledfx/pool/trilikemike/?view=lg

holycow
holycow
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down